Here’s a listing of near to everything you can say to Google voice commands. Try experimenting with totally different phrasing, you’ll be shocked how much it understands. The part of the phrase in the list can be replaced with any similar term you choose.
We searched high and low for an entire list of Google voice commands but came up short. therefore we place one along ourselves. Below is a list of commands we’ve verified work on android. Odds are it’s not entirely complete since Google didn’t share one with us — we asked.
If “Ok Google” doesn’t get your spoken commands right, you can correct it by saying “No, I said…” and trying the words again.
You can activate the voice commands by saying any of the command below:
- Ok Google
- Okay Google
- Hey Google
List of Best Ok Google commands
Essential OK Google commands
- Open [app name]. Example: “Open Gmail.”
- Go to [website]. Example: “Go to KillerTricks.com.”
- Call [contact name]. Example: “Call Dad.”
- Text or Send text to [contact name]. Example: “I am busy right now I’ll call you later”
- Start a list for [list name].
- Send Hangout message to [contact name].
- Remind me to [do a task]. Example: “Remind me Peter’s Birthday on 7/5/17” will give you a time-based reminder.
- Show me my pictures from [location]. Example: “Show Justin Bieber pictures from San Francisco.”
- Show me my calendar.
- Where is my next meeting?
- When’s my next meeting?
- Email or Send email. Example: “Email Peter subject Hi peter I need your notebook.”
- Show me my last messages. This will present a list of recent messages, and read them to you, giving you a chance to reply.
- Create a calendar event or Schedule an appointment. Ex.: “Create appointment Diner with Issa Bella.”
- Set an alarm for a specific time. Example: “Set alarm at 5:30 a.m.” Or “Set alarm for 10 minutes from now.”
- Set a timer for [whatever you want to] minutes.
- Note to self [contents of note].
- Post to Twitter.
- Post to Google+
- Show me [from app drawer] apps. Example: “Show me google apps.”
- Start a run.
- Show me emails from [contact name].
Search Command for Ok Google
- Basic search queries. Example: “Neymar Jr.”
- When is [special event]. Example: “When is the next FIFA World Cup?”
- Define [word]. Example: “Define Google”
- Synonyms for [word].
- The etymology of [word].
- What is [phrase]? Example: “What is DHONDU?”
- What’s the phone number of [your friend name]?
- What’s the weather like? Alternative phrases such as “Do I need an umbrella?” or “Is it going to be hot tomorrow?” will return weather forecasts.
- What’s the stock price of [company name or stock ticker]? will give you update about the stock market.
- Math calculations. Example: “What is the solution of 2+5*9+6-7*0”
- Who is [person’s name] [mom/sister/dad]?
- Who wrote [book title]? Example: “Who wrote as you like it”
- Who invented [item]? will return the inventor name.
- How old is [person’s name]?
- How do I [task]? Ex.: “How do I make a burger?” or “How to repair phone screen?”
- How tall is [person, landmark, building]?
- Show me pictures of [object or person]. Example: “Show me pictures of iPhone 8”.
- What sound does [dog] make?
Control Phone and Adjust settings Command for Ok Google
- Take a selfie.
- Take a picture.
- Turn on my flashlight.
- Turn on/off Bluetooth.
- Turn on/off Wi-Fi.
- Turn on/off NFC.
- Find my phone. (You can do this on a computer using Chrome to find and play a sound on your lost phone.)
- Increase/decrease brightness.
- Increase/decrease volume.
- Set volume to the [x]. Example: Set volume to 5.
- Mute the volume.
Entertainment Command for Ok Google
- Sports updates. Example: “Did Brazil win last night?”
- Sports scores.
- Naming a sports team or athlete. Will bring up general information about the team or person. Example: “Usain Bolt” or “LA Kings”
- Show me the trailer for [movie title].
- Play me a video of [random idea]. Example: “Show me a video of dude perfect.”
- Find out what song is playing. Lyrics of the [x] song? or Artist of this song?
- Listen to [type of music, playlist, song, artist, album]. Example: “Listen to workout playlist.”
- Movie showtimes. What’s playing? or Movies nearby.
- If a song is playing, ask questions about the artist. For instance, “Where is she from?” (Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
Navigation Command for Ok Google
- Show route to my home.
- Take me to work.
- What’s the traffic like on the way to work?
- Map of [city or specific location in a city]. Example: “Map of Eiffel Tower in Paris”
- Where is [location you want to]?
- Directions or Navigate to [type of business, address, name, business name, or other destination].
- How do I get to [destination] by [walking, bike, bus, train, etc.]? Example: “How do I get Eiffel tower by bus”
- How far is [address, city, or other location]?
- Where is the nearest [business type? Example: “Where is the nearest restaurant?” or “Nearby Airport.”
- Show me nearby attractions.
Random tips and tricks for Ok Google
- Show me gift ideas for [holiday, Birthday].
- Give me a friendship quote.
- Say “Metronome” to start a metronome.
- Ask for medical information. Example: “What is a Theophylline.
- How many calories are in [insert food item]?
- When will my package arrive? (This assumes a tracking number is found in your account from where you have purchased your item.)
- Do a barrel roll.
- Flip a coin.
- Play Pacman.
- Roll a die.
- What’s the biggest number?
- How to make a sandwich.
- Beam me up, Scotty.
- What is your favorite color?
Travel Command for Ok Google
- Translate [phrase or word] to [language]. Example: “Translate ‘where is the bathroom?’ to German.”
- Show me [honeymoon, San Francisco, California, etc.] destinations.
- Looking for [food type, restaurant name].
- When viewing details for a restaurant, you can say “Show me the menu” to bring up a menu.
- What time is it in [city]? Example: Time in San Francisco?
- Currency conversion. Example: “How much is 100 dollars worth in Euros?”
- Is my flight on time? (Assuming your flight information is in your Gmail account.)
- Show me my flight info. (Again, assuming your flight information is in your Gmail account.)
We would love to know your favorite Ok Google Command!
Whats your favorite Ok Google Command? Have your discovered any new Ok Google Command or If you find any of a command missing from our list? Let us know in the comment section below.