If you have ever deleted photos by mistake or had your smartphone accidentally wipe everything from your gallery, then you recognize that exact kind of ”bottomless pit in your gut” feeling. Never fear, your lost photos are not really lost at all. We’ll show you simply how simple it’s to recover photos on android. There is just one factor to remember: “act fast”.
FonePaw Android Data Recovery
The FonePaw Android Data Recovery can recover deleted photos from your Android device in the blink of an eye. With simple operation of the user-friendly interface, you’ll recover your lost or deleted photos effortlessly and effectively.
This high-quality picture recovery program works across multiple platforms and devices, as well as android phones and tablets from makers like Sony, Google, Huawei, Samsung, Motorola, LG, MI, Asus and many more. Recovery all of your valuable pic right now by downloading the FonePaw android data Recovery Application.
Download FonePaw Android Data Recovery software.
How to recover lost photos on Android
At Frist: put off Wi-Fi and data connections on your Smartphone. The reason to do this is that when data is deleted, whether photos, music or documents, it’s not really deleted till something has been written over it in the device’s memory.
All that is initially deleted is the index that points to where the data starts in your memory, therefore as long as you’ll find that point again, you’ll get your deleted photos back. If that new data gets written over the highest of where your lost photos are, they’ll be lost forever. A poorly-timed update can be unfortunate.
Note: this process requires root privileges on your phone.
1. Download a free program called Dr.Fone for Android by Wondershare (available for Mac or PC) on to your computer. There are other programs available, but we’ve always had good results with Dr.Fone.
2. Install the program, launch it and register. You’ll see the screen below.
3. Connect your smartphone to your computer with a USB cable.
You need to have USB debugging enabled on your smartphone for this process to work. If you don’t, simply go to your Settings > About Phone and tap Build Number repeatedly until the notification appears, telling you that Developer Options have been enabled.
Back in your main Settings screen, you’ll see Developer Options down near the bottom. Scroll through the settings until you see USB Debugging and check the box beside it. You’ll see a notification at the bottom of the Dr.Fone screen saying that USB Debugging is being opened.
For devices running Android Lollipop, you will need to authorize the PC via the prompt that will appear on your phone.
4. Once Dr.Fone for android has made the connection to your smartphone, you will be able to select from the following categories of deleted files. We’re only after photos, however if you have lost more than that you can tick as many categories as you prefer.
5. The next step asks you to scan for deleted files or all files. If you are after a quick recovery of your lost photos to set your mind at rest, take the ‘Deleted files’ option. you will need to simply accept the RSA key prompt on your smartphone (check ‘Always accept’ to make it easier), making the connection between the 2 devices secure and, of course, grant Superuser permission once prompted.
6. One this is done, Dr.Fone will analyze your phone and reboot it. If you receive a message on your PC to say your phone has connected again, just ignore it; just let Dr.Fone do its thing. Any prompts on your phone that request permissions for Dr.Fone should be granted.
7. Once Dr.Fone has finished analyzing your phone you’ll get the scan results screen where you can check the boxes for the photos (or other files, as you can see below, depending which file types you selected earlier) that you want to save, then hit Recover and you’re done.
8. If you have made it this far you have probably learned a valuable lesson and will make regular copies of your smartphone photos from now on. Don’t worry, we have got plenty of tutorials on the site for that too.
How to back up your photos on Android
Now that we’ve explained how to recover deleted photos on Android devices, the next step is to prevent this situation from happening again. To do this, we recommend using an app such as Google Photos. This app offers unlimited photo storage (as long as the files aren’t too large) and the backup function is easy to set up.
Have you had any disastrous lost data accidents before? How did you recovered your deleted photos on Android? Tell us in the comments below.