Samsung has finally launched the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Devices. The company has released several beta constructions before releasing the last creation of today. Today, we’ll see how we can install the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on Verizon Galaxy S7 /S7 Edge (SM-G930V/G935V) manually using Odin.
However, if your phone is rooted or you are unable to get Nougat OTA Update for any reason, now you can update your Android device Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge by installing the full Nougat Firmware, Check-out Below for more info about how to Install Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge.
Features of Nougat 7.0 for Samsung Galaxy S7
Nougat 7.0 is the biggest update for Android which brings a lot of new features, improvements, freshers and simple UI and new ways to customize your Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 edge.
- Better battery management: Maximize your battery’s potential intelligence to new battery management. Adaptably presets for medium power and maximum power saving mode is now available. The app still detects inactive app using Power Monitor battery, which put them sleeps to increase their battery charge.
- Performance Mode: Whenever you need to improve your device performances simply switch to the performance mode that allows you to choose from Optimized, Game, Entertainment and High-Performance mode to extend the battery life and improve the performance of the device.
- Multitasking becomes easier: Now you can enjoy multitasking on your S7 & S7 edge with the new split screen feature on Android Nougat.To launch split-screen mode, you have to open an app. Then, touch and hold the Intents button. You know this as the “Recent apps” button Note that this segment is in screen mode, it turns to a different icon to indicate.
- New effects preview screen: Now, while taking a picture, you can preview all available effects and filters. To see the effect, just swipe from left to right from the Camera app. Besides, you can also download new effects by just tapping the download link at the top.
- New keyboard with better language predictions: New keyboard update language data is automatically configured and offers better forecasts.
- Configure automatic access to Wi-Fi: The New Nougat update also offers automatic enable or disable reconnection to secure a wireless router or hotspot.
Download Nougat 7.0 Firmware for Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
- Verizon S7 (SM-G930V): Official Link | Mirror Link
- Verizon S7 Edge (SM-G935V): Official Link | Mirror Link
- Odin3 latest Version: Download
How to Install Nougat 7.0 Firmware for Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
Step 1. Download the suitable firmware for your phone also download the latest version of Odin from above link on your PC. Make sure you have successfully installed Samsung drivers into PC
Step 2. Now reboot your device(S7/S7 edge) into “Download Mode”. To do so press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys simultaneously for 2-5 sec, a blue screen with exclamation sign will appear now press Volume Up Button to enter into Download Mode.
Step 3. Next, connect your device(S7/S7 edge) into your PC using a properly working USB cable. Now Launch Odin which you have downloaded in step 1.
Step 4. After successfully connected the ID: COM port on Odin will be highlighted. Now under Odin click the BL button and navigate to the firmware folder, and select the file that starts BL.
Step 5. Next, just like step 4 add all these files that start with AP, CP, and CSC. Please note that if you select the HOME_CSC file, the application and data will not be deleted on your phone. However, if you want to wipe your phone out, select the file that starts with the CSC. Check below Screenshots for more info.
Step 6. Finally, click the Start button to begin the installation and wait until the installation is completed. When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS! Messages and your phone will be rebooted automatically.
Now, disconnect the USB cable and wait patiently until your phone boots. The first boot can take about 5-7 minutes. If you face any issue please comment I will definitely help you.