With the launch of Samsung’s flagship, other flagship releases this year seem to have been overshadowed. Of course, no one should be surprised that a lot has been said and heard about this device, and it started shipping only a few days ago. It almost seems like it has been a while. The fact that the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 + can now be successfully equipped with root and TWRP recovery, thanks to the jesec from XDA for coming up with a root method that really works.
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Root is one of the most common queries on the internet these days. Many of the Android fans who have already purchased Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 + and now want to install TWRP recovery and root the Galaxy S8 and S8 Smartphones. Now here is goods news for users who are looking for a guide to root their phones. So, today here in this guide we show you can get the root access on your phone with TWRP recovery.
This method will work on the Exynos variants of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus listed below:
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8+
Note: If you’re not sure about your S8/S8 Plus’s model number, you can find it under the phone Settings> About device.
The Galaxy S8 version is still a very new device, and understandably, Samsung has not yet released its kernel sources. The result is that the TWRP recovery available at present is not fully functional, for the most part, they work fine except for certain features like MTP
- Make sure you have the latest version of Odin software installed on your PC.
- Enabled USB Debugging and OEM Unlock. To enable USB Debugging, you will first need to enable Developer mode. Go to Settings> About Phone> Software info, and tap the Build number repeatedly until you see a message that says “You are now a developer”. Then go back to Settings, and you can now see Developer mode towards the bottom. Tap on it and scroll down the list to find OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. Enable them both.
- Make sure that you have Samsung USB Driver installed on your PC
- To ensure this, fully charge your device because the process takes some time.
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8+
- Download disable dm-verity zip: no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip
- Latest Magisk: Magisk-v12.0.zip
- Download the latest version of Odin. / Mirror
Steps to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
Step 1. Download the TWRP recovery.img from above into your PC and Copy the “no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip” and Magisk-v12.0.zip files to your phone.
Step 3. Run the ODIN app on your desktop and turn off your device into Download Mode.
Step 5. Next, Connect your phone to your PC with properly working USB cable now you should see Added!! in the ODIN Log box.
Step 7. Now click on the AP or PDA tab in the ODIN window and select the TWRP recovery.Tar that you downloaded for your device in step 1.
Step 8. Now click on the Start button to flash the TWRP on your phone.
Step 9. If the flashing completes successfully, you will see the box above the ID:COM port light up green with a PASS message.
Step 10. Done your Phone has been successfully installed TWRP, check below process to Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
Step 1. Again Reboot your device into Recovery and tap on the Install button, navigate to the location where you copied the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and select it. Swipe the installation confirmation slider when prompted.
Step 2. Now go back to the main menu in TWRP and select Reboot> Recovery.
Step 3. When the device reboots into TWRP, tap the Install option, navigate to the Magisk-v12.0.zip and install it. It will install Magisk on your phone.
Step 4. When the flashing is complete, tap Reboot> system.