The Google Play Store could be a treasure trove for apps and content lover. It’s sometimes necessary to install the Play Store manually if you accidentally uninstalled it or wish to roll back to a previous version to avoid bugs. Here’s a way to download and install Google Play Store.
Brief note on Google Play Store version numbers
The numbering system for Google Play Store versions may appear a little confusing initially, however it’s easy to get your head around. If the jumps between numbers seem odd, that is just because Google did not publically release the versions in between. Note that new Play Store versions can delete old features as well as introduce new ones.
Download Google Play Store APK
Please note that the following guide is for owners of an android device with a licensed version of the Play Store installed. we tend to recognize that is sometimes necessary to re-install or roll back the Play Store.
At the time of this writing, the latest version of Google Play was 7.4.10 and this version hints at many upcoming new features, including the ability to check apps while not downloading them to your device.
How to install Google Play Store
Instead of downloading an app from the Play Store, you can just install it yourself without the Play Store’s help. This is often extra useful when the app you wish to install is the Play Store itself.
There are 2 ways to get the Google Play App installed on your device: directly on your phone or with your computer. We’ll do the easy option first.
Install Google Play Store (Phone Method)
- Enable Unknown Sources by going to Settings -> Security, then check the box next to Unknown sources. Don’t be alarmed, unknown sources are simply locations outside of the Play Store, which is critical if it’s the Play Store itself that you want.
- Using the browser on your device, go to XDA Developers forum or APK Mirror to download the APK for the latest version of the Play Store App.
- You may get a message warning that “this type of file can harm your device.” Ignore it (trust us) and tap OK Button.
- Open the APK (you can tap the completed download in your notifications menu), then tap Install.
Install Google Play Store (Computer Method)
If you don’t have a data or Wi-Fi connection on your device, you can download the APK to your computer instead. The same process applies:
- Check Unknown sources on your device.
- Using the browser on your computer, go to XDA Developers forum or APK Mirror to download the APK for the latest version of the Play Store App.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable and copy the APK over to your Android device.
- Launch APK, accept the permissions and tap Install.
Google Play Store Troubleshooting
Google Services Framework is a crucial service that lets the Google Play Store communicate with apps on your device, allowing automatic updates and so on. If these functions stop working, or you experience other problems, then there might be a problem with the service, and you should clear the cache on Google Play Store and Google Play Services. To do this:
- Go to Settings -> Apps
- Scroll down to Google Play Store, tap it, then tap Clear cache.
- Do the same for Google Play services
- That should fix most problems you will experience with the Play Store
What is the one must have feature you want in the Google Play Store? Please Let us know in the comments.