ADB and Fastboot are arguably two of the most indispensable tools used when working with Android devices. It acts as a middle man which allows you to push, modify, debug, and tweak system files very easily. It also allows you to unlock your device’s bootloader with just a few commands. If you really want to modify, debug, and tweak along with their countless uses in rooting, and other procedures ADB and Fastboot are a must for any Android device owner.
Typically if you want to install ADB and Fastboot you have to download and setup the Android SDK 2.1 which is of size more than 1GB (If you really want to learn about Android Development we highly recommend downloading and installing the full Android SDK from here), but this can be unnecessary for people who just want to install ADB and Fastboot.
Features of Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool
- Smaller Package:
Minimal ADB and Fastboot is a small tool (around 2 MB) whereas the Android SDK package comes as a 500 MB package. Considering that Minimal ADB and Fastboot install the latest version of ABD and fastboot files into your system, you will never have to install the Android SDK.
- Smart Installer:
Installing Minimal ADB and fastboot is quite easy. Just extract the zip package to a folder on your computer and click on the .exe file to begin the installation. Now, just follow up the on-screen instructions to install the tool on your computer.
- Before Proceed your device should be connected to the PC
- Enabled USB Debugging Mode on your Device. To do this: Go to Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. (Note: This may be listed as ADB Debugging on some ROM’s)
- Installed USB Drivers of your device & your computer is recognizing your device: USB Drivers for all Android
Download Minimal ADB & Fasboot Tool for Android:
Latest Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool:
If the above version doesn’t work, download any of this:
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot V1.4.1
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot V1.4.0
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot V1.3.1
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot V1.3.0
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot V1.2.0
How to Install Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool
Installing the Minimal ADB & Fastboot tool is really very easy. Just launch the .exe file (inside of the ADB folder) & Click on Next > Next & Install.
Once you have installed the ADB tool, launch the Application from the desktop named as “Minimal ADB and Fastboot”. After Launching the application a window like a command promote will appear, Now you can easily give a command to your device on ADB and Fastboot Mode.
Point to Remember:
- Minimal ADB works only on Windows OS both 64-bit & 32-bit.
- Make sure to use the latest version of ADB tool to flash your Android Device.
- Install USB Drivers for Android device by connecting your device in USB Debugging mode.
- To check if everything is working well, enter command “adb devices” in the command window. It will return your device code (as on the screenshot below) which means you’re on the right way and everything is perfect!
Learning ADB commands will help you come out of non-working devices or tweak your device. Most of all, it will help you increase your knowledge regarding Android system & its files.