Samsung’s Bixby assistant is something cool added to the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Bixby basically takes Samsung on Siri and Google Assistant, just like the mentioned assistants, Bixby can do anything you want to do. Bixby is smart, it can do things beyond your imagination. For example, Bixby can quickly help you find the information by clicking an image of an object, it can bring shopping links from partners of Samsung, with a discount for anything you want to buy, it can send text to anyone, it can call anyone that just using voice commands, there is a dedicated button of Bixby on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
A bit more tap into the world of open source(android) has successfully implemented Bixby on other Galaxy smartphones of Samsung running Android 7.0 Nougat. These smartphones include Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge +, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. There is no major requirement about hardware end. Users only need Android 7.0 Nougat and they are all good to go. Bixby on these phones works as good as it works on the Galxay S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
It is extremely easy to install Bixby on a Samsung Galaxy running Android Nougat 7.0. Before installing the Bixby assistant, you have to install the Galaxy S8 launcher. If you just can’t wait for, then let’s learn to install Bixby onGalaxy S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge+/Note 5/S7/S7 Edge now.
Install Bixby on Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge+/Note 5/S7/S7 Edge
Install Galaxy S8 Launcher on your Galaxy running Nougat
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 launcher APK file.
- Now locate the launcher APK file and install it.
- Press the home button now, and it should ask you which launcher you want to use. Select TouchWiz Home. If it doesn’t ask, it will automatically take you to the new launcher.
- If there is no apps button on the home screen now, then long press the home screen on an empty area, select “Home screen settings > Apps button > Show a button on the Home screen that opens the Apps screen > enable”.
- That’s all with the Galaxy S8 Launcher installation.
- Download Samsung Bixby APK file.
- Now locate the Bixby APK file and install it.
- Reboot your phone now.
- Swipe left on the home screen to launch Bixby and set it up to start using it.
- That’s all. Enjoy!
Any issues? Feel free to reach me out through the comments section below.