If you have an old USB drive lying around that you don’t use anymore, you can turn it into an operating install disk. You can create any pendrive bootable with our detailed guidelines on how to make pendrive bootable exclusive shared by Killertricks.com
We all are aware that in order to install Windows on your computer, you need a Bootable Pendrive, USB flash drive or a Compact Disk. In this tutorial you will learn to make Bootable Pendrive by using a command prompt and some other methods.
What you need:
– Windows 7 DVD install disc or .ISO image or .img
– USB Drive (4GB+ and as fast as you can get)
– Running Operating system
– Working set of hands and eyes
– A few minutes of your life
Make Bootable Pendrive Without any Software for Windows 7 and 8
- Insert a pen drive into your laptop or PC.
- Go to start -> In search programs and files, type cmd, right click on it and then click on “run as administrator”.
- A new window called command prompt will appear in your screen. Turn on your CAPS LOCK.
- Type DISKPART and press enter.
- Type LIST DISK and press enter. This will show all the drives available in your system. Find the Disk number of your pen drive. In my case, it is Disk 1 There can be different disk no. of your USB pen drive depending on your no. of drives.
- Type SELECT DISK 1 and press enter.
- Type CLEAN and then press enter.
- Type CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY and press enter.
- Type SELECT PARTITION 1 and press enter.
- Type ACTIVE and then press enter.
- Type FORMAT FS=NTFS and press enter. Wait till the processing becomes 100% complete. Do not do anything until it becomes 100% or else it may create problems or errors.
- Type ASSIGN and then press enter.
- Type EXIT and press enter.
- Your USB pen drive has successfully become bootable and is now ready to use. You just need to copy and paste all the Windows 7 or 8 files in the pen drive.
- After copying the files, you can boot a new windows in your laptop or format your PC through this easily.
Create a Bootable Pendrive For Windows 7/8/8.1/10
Rufus is a utility software that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives. With Rufus you can create bootable USB keys/Pendrives, memory sticks, etc. Rufus is very small in size, However it provides everything you need.
It can be especially useful for cases where:
- you need to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- you need to work on a system that doesn’t have an OS installed
- you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- you want to run a low-level utility
WinToUSB (also called Windows To USB) is one of the best free Windows To Go Creator which allows you to install and run fully-functional Windows operating system on an external hard drive or USB flash drive or Pendrive, using an ISO, WIM, ESD, SWM, VHD, VHDX image file or a CD/DVD drive as the source of installation.
Key features include:
- Easy to use wizard interface that provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Windows To Go USB drive.
- Creation of Windows To Go from an ISO image file or CD/DVD drive.
- Clone an existing Windows OS (Windows 7 or later) to a USB Drive as a Windows To Go Workspace.
- Use of a Non-Enterprise Edition of Windows 10/8.1/8/7 to create Windows To Go Workspace.
- Creation of Windows To Go on Non-Certified Windows To Go USB Drive.
- Support for creating VHD-based/VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace.
Create Linux Bootable Pendrive
Universal USB Installer (UUI) is a Live Linux USB Creation tool that allows you to choose from a selection of Linux Distributions to put on your USB Flash Drive.
Universal USB Installer is easy to use; simply choose a Live Linux Distribution, select the ISO file, and your Flash Drive and then click Install. Upon completion, you will have a bootable USB Flash Drive with your selected operating system installed, ready to run. Other features include; Persistence (if available) – note that casper persistence will only work with FAT16 or FAT32 formatted drives.
Flash drives are much faster than any optical media, and can be easily written to. It can also be used on all current PCs with standard USB port.
Universal USB Installer is a great tool that can be utilized in a number of different ways. It is very easy to use, is relatively lightweight, and it supports a large number of Linux variations, including Ubuntu and Debian. Overall, Universal USB Installer is one of the easiest ways to run a Linux OS on your PC.
Installing Windows in your device with a bootable pendrive is not a difficult task anymore. Referencing this article thoroughly will definitely guide you till the completion of your installation. In case you face any issue while creating Bootable Pendrive please feel free to comment below.