Hi! Today in this post you will learn about build.prop Tweaks. Android has a single text file named “build.prop” that determines lots of various system-wide settings on your device. You need root access to edit this file, since it’s stored on the system partition—but the various lines of codes it contains are actually easy to interpret and modify.
Don’t Miss: Top 6 Apps For Making Money On Android
Android is open source so, There are many device-specific edits you can make to your build.prop file to change the way the operating system looks and behaves, but with the sheer range of Android devices out there, it would be impossible to list every one. Instead, I’ll list all of the best universal “build.prop” edits I’ve found, which is still lots of useful tweaks that must work on almost any Android device. It will work absolutely fine in Android versions such as Jelly bean, KitKat, Lollipop and Marshmallow.
This tweak will work really fine if you have rooted Android device. Every person can do editing. But while modifying you have to make sure that you do proper editing or else it will lead to brick your Android device.
Let me explain you with an example.
Assume in case you’re using an android device. And unfortunately there’s no navigation bar on that device. Suppose by mistake you dropped it. Now, at this situation your buttons will be not working. With the help of build .prop, you can easily add stylish navigation bar on screen of your Android device.
Make sure that you don’t brick your Android device, while doing any changes on your Android device, You should pay attention if you are using build .prop. We will be mentioning this build .prop tweaks for those users who find difficulties to use app such as Dolby Atmos, Viper4android and other applications.
Also Read : How to Recover Deleted Photos on Android
What are build.prop Tweaks
Build.prop is an Android Operating System’s File, Which Android use internally to work properly. In Build .Prop file we will provide you some values, Which required to Android for Turn on Properly. Without Build .Prop File Android will not even boot up properly. In This file, we provide the information, like Model Name, Android Version, Build Number, etc. It’s very important part of an Android, without it Android won’t Work.
Best Build.Prop Tweaks Codes
Below, Are the Collection of top Best build.prop Tweaks, which you can easily use to enhance the performance of your Android device. We have Listed various tweaks, like, to boost Ram performance, improve cam quality, improve audio / video quality, Get maximum internet speed and many others. Lets look inti the code:-
1. Better RAM management
2. Improves audio and video recording quality
3. Faster streaming videos
4. Video acceleration and HW debugging. debug.composition.type can also be changed to cpu or mdp.
debug.egl.profiler=1 # Measure rendering time in adb shell dumpsys gfxinfo
debug.composition.type=gpu # Disable hardware overlays and use GPU for screen compositing
5. Disables built in error reporting.
6. Better net speeds.
net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960, 4096, 16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,409 6,163 84,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,8 7380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,8 7380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,8 7380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
7. Saves power. ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay=1000 could brake tethering.
8. 3G tweaks.
9. Disables logcat
10. Screen recognizes only two fingers.
11. Support for ipv4 and ipv6.
12. Phone rings immediately.
13. Disables blackscreen issue after a call.
14. Better scrolling.
15. Better signal.
16. Better call voice quality.
17. Better signal.
18. Faster boot.
19. Disables error checking.
20. Dalvik Virtual Machine tweaks.
21. Disables locating. Also delete /system/app/networklocation.apk and /system/
22. Disables sending of usage data.
23. Better image quality, lower performance.
24. Disable notification while adb is active
25. Change LCD density – My Favorite
– Default value is 240. Don’t forget to install a patched market after changing it.
26. MMS APN retry timer set to 2 sec( if SMS/MMS couldn`t be sent, it retries after 2 instead of 5 seconds).
ro.gsm.2nd_data_retry_config=max/_retries=3, 2000, 2000, 2000
27. Key lights stay on while screen is on.
28. Disable strict mode checking.
29. Remove FPS cap. May be unstable – better have it activated
30. build.prop tweaks for battery life
31. build.prop tweaks for improved performance
[Locker] The locker [id=3364] doesn't exist or the default lockers were deleted.
- Rooted Android Device
- Root Explorer – Download
- Patience & Brain
Must Know : USB OTG: WHAT IS IT AND WHAT CAN WE DO WITH IT?
How To Use Build.Prop Tweaks On Your Android Device.
If you don’t know how to install those codes on your Android device. Don’t worry we will help you out. About how can you install those codes on your Android device? If you are having rooted Android device on your device. Then you are good to go.
- After Download Root Explorer in your Device, Now Click on Install, and Open This app from App Drawer.
- Goto /system/ folder, and you will see Some Files & Folder there, find file name of
- You Will See an option of Mount R/O from Top of Root Explorer, tap on it and it will ask for root permissions, click on allow / grant and you are done.
- After that, Long press on the file, and click on Open With – Text Editor
- Now Copy any Tweak code of your choice from above steps, and paste it at last of the file, and save it.
Caution – These Tweaks can harm your device, So it’s necessary to back up your device first via custom recovery. Or Keep your device’s stock rom Ready With you.
So Guys, these are some Build .prop Tweaks for Android devices, which you can use in your smartphone, and tweak your device for get maximum performance from it. If you have any other tweak in your mind, then you can simply share it via comments below, I will try to add it in this post. Alternately, if you have any questions or suggestions while following this Guide, then simply comment below I will try to help you Out. Thanks for visiting and stay tuned for more cool stuffs like this.